The Ketogenic (Keto) Diet has been extremely popular due to the health benefits and quick weight loss. Often times it is hard to stick to a diet because you cannot eat the foods you crave, and it is so easy to get off track. Considering that many people struggle to find the specific foods that are approved by the keto diet, we are here to help inspire meals and different ways to stick to your health plan while making your tummy happy!
What is the General Idea of the Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low carb replaced with high natural fat diet. Upping natural fats in your diet forces your body to get used to burning natural fats instead of carbs, causing your body to attack fat for the energy it needs.
After roughly two days of low carb and high fat, the body does not have enough carbohydrates to burn in form of energy. Instead of burning the carbs that are in your normal diet, the body resorts to burning stored fat cells.
This results in extreme weight loss in a short amount of time!
What to Eat on the Keto Diet:
Starting a new diet for health reasons, or for fun can be intimidating. We are here to help! Here is a list of keto approved foods that double as a delicious meal!
- Lean Meat and Poultry - Chicken and cuts of beef with less fat to get the maximum amount of protein
- Seafood - Salmon is a great source of vitamins and natural fats
- Eggs - Good source of protein and vitamins
- Avocados - Try a half an avocado with your meal to add natural fats to your protein
- Olive Oil - Drizzle olive oil on Casabi and bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. You can also use olive oil to cook eggs or other protein.
- Coconut Oil - Good form of natural fat and can be used like olive oil.
- Nuts - Cashews, Almonds, Pecans, Brazil Nuts. Good source of protein and fiber
- Leafy Greens - Kale & Spinach. Packed with vitamins and fiber.
- Low Carb Veggies - Cucumbers, Broccoli, Asparagus, Cauliflower.
- Dark Chocolate - For those with a sweet tooth dark chocolate is keto approved!
Keto and Casabi
Casabi is a natural prebiotic. The bitter yucca root is a resistant starch, making the flatbread good for digestion by adding to the natural bacteria in your stomach that is good for breaking down food. A half of a slice of our Casabi flatbread has 7 grams of carbohydrates, while having 2.5 grams of fiber. 7g of carbs - 2.5g of fiber = 4.5g making Casabi flatbread keto friendly! Instead of cutting out all bread and other carbs, Casabi flatbread is a great platform for other foods. Spreading nut butters or avocado on a piece of Casabi is a delicious treat that doesn't break your diet.
How to eat Keto Friendly Casabi:
- Avocado Toast
- Almond Butter Toast
- Drizzled with Dark Chocolate
- Tzatziki and Cucumbers
- Smoked Salmon and Olive Oil
- Open Faced Tuna Sandwich
- Scrambled Eggs and Spinach
A Ketogenic Diet for Beginners - The Ultimate Keto Guide. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto#intro
Yu, C. (2018, May 25). 15 Foods You Can Actually Eat On The Ketogenic Diet. Retrieved from https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/a19994706/keto-foods-list/