Yields 2 Quarter Rounds of Casabi Flatbread – 2 to 4 servings
Quick Caramelized Onions
Yields 1 cup
1-1/4 pounds onions, 4-1/2 to 5 cups packed peeled and slivered
4 tbsp olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
- To sliver onions, slice off both stem and root end of onion. Place onions on either cut side or slice in half. Peel and lay onion halves on cut surface and slice from root to stem.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and when the oil shimmers a bit, stir in the onions and salt.
- Every few minutes toss the onions and spread them out in the skillet so they cook evenly. This will take approximately 20-25 minutes. As they cook, the bottom of the skillet will take on a golden/brown glaze; toss in 2 tbsp of water or wine and scrape the bottom of pan so the brown glaze absorbs into the onion. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
- When Onions are evenly brown, toss in 2 tbsp more of liquid and remove pan from the heat. Set aside to cool.
1-1/4 lbs tomatoes, about 3 medium, cored
2tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and slice the tomatoes into 3/8in. rounds.
- Distribute oil on the bottom of an approximately 8- or 9- bt 12-inch non aluminum baking pan. Dip each side of tomato slices in the oil and arrange in one layer. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Place pan into oven and bake tomatoes until they soften (but are still moist) and show a little golden brown (30-40 minutes). Remove from heat and allow them to cool in a pan.
Construct the Casabi Pizza
2 quarter rounds Casabi Flatbread
¼ to ½ cup pitted and sliced olives
½ cup drained canned salmon or tuna, or 1 can drained anchovies, or ½ cup choice of cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay Casabi flatbread onto pizza screen or sheet pan.
- Evenly and gently spread caramelized onions onto flatbreads. With a spatula, lift tomato slices from pan and arrange on top of the onions. Sprinkle with olives and choice of fish or cheese
- Place pan into oven and bake until the edges of the Casabi flatbread begin to brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Cut with knife and serve.